Enroll now in Nutrition Pair’s “Take Charge & Make That Change” Lifestyle Program!
Have you found yourself saying, “I don’t want another diet. I want a lifestyle”? Then our program was created just for you! Now is the perfect time to Make That Change. Our “Take Charge” program is a virtual diabetes prevention program that will provide you with tools, information and support to live a healthy life and prevent chronic medical conditions. As health care providers, we have found that now more than ever, people are searching for ways to take charge and improve their health. For many, the COVID-19 pandemic has aggravated their health risks AND increased the need to conduct health care from the safety of their homes. That is where Nutrition Pair’s “Take Charge (& Make That Change)” virtual lifestyle program comes in.
What it is:
“Take Charge” is a one year group-based virtual lifestyle program which will focus on a whole-health approach to wellness. While the overall theme is improving nutrition, a multitude of topics will be covered which include nutrition, physical activity, mindfulness and stress reduction. There will also be opportunities for individualized sessions with Nutrition Pair.
Please note that the overall goal of the program is diabetes prevention. However, If you don’t have pre-diabetes, we still encourage you to consider participating in this program. Continue reading to see if this program is for you.
- Initial session is Monday September 21, 2020 from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Sessions will be held Monday evenings from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Frequency of sessions is as follows: Once a week for the first 4 months, twice a month for months 4 through 6 & once a month for months 6 through 12.
- Adults age 18 and over who are serious about making health changes (Note: this program does require a 1 year commitment)
- Anyone who is at a high risk for developing diabetes: Take the 1 minute test (below). A score of 5 or higher means you are at risk:
- (Click here for interactive version)
- (Click here for pdf/paper version)
Where: From anywhere! Connect virtually via our HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform, Healthie
Why: Because more than 1 out of every 3 U.S. adults have Pre-Diabetes & more than 84% of them do not know it (source: Centers for Disease Control).
Why Nutrition Pair’s diabetes prevention program when there are many others to choose from?
- This program is designed and led by Nutrition Pair, Angie & John Lamberson, experts in the field of nutrition & diabetes who know diabetes on a personal level.
- Besides being Registered Dietitians & Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialists, they are Duke Certified Integrative Health Coaches which means that they are especially trained in helping clients to be successful with behavior change.
- Nutrition Pair uses a mind, body and spirit approach to creating and achieving health change.
- Proven Results: In Nutrition Pair’s previous diabetes prevention programs, A1c levels were significantly reduced from an average starting A1c of 6.1% (Pre-Diabetes range) down to an average ending A1c of 5.5% (Normal Range!). Average weight loss per participant thus far is 6%. And, some past participants have been able to discontinue their blood pressure medications (per their physicians’ orders)!
- “Nutrition Pair’s program guided me in reducing my A1c from a 6.0 to a 5.5 in one year. I really liked the accountability with the year-long program design and how they offered eating alternatives in your diet.” ~R.L.
- “The Diabetes Prevention Program with Nutrition Pair has given me the tools to be successful at losing weight and decreasing my A1C. I am no longer pre-diabetic, and my new outlook on food has influenced my family to also live a healthier lifestyle.” ~L.A.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do you take insurance? Yes and some insurance companies will cover the cost of this program. Please contact Angie & John at 252.335.9355 or email@example.com to inquire about health insurance coverage.
2. What is the cost if my insurance does not cover or if I don’t have insurance? The total cost is $996 which can be broken down to $249 per quarter.
3. I have diabetes, can I still participate? This program is designed for those who want to prevent diabetes. However, we would consider having participants who already have diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2). Please contact us at 252.335.9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What if I miss a session? Participation with each session is vital to achieving successful results. However, we understand that there may be an occasional need to miss a meeting. Information from a missed session will be provided when this is needed.
5. Will I need a doctor’s referral? No, a doctor’s referral is not necessary for this program.
6. What will I get out of this program?
- Group support
- Expert advice from experienced nutrition & diabetes health care professionals
- Use of Healthie’s confidential telehealth platform for program sessions, information sharing & communication
7. Will I have to purchase any special foods, supplements, pills or shakes? Absolutely not. We take a whole food approach to lifestyle change. It is not a diet. It is a lifestyle.
8. I am ready to join now! How do I register? Contact Angie & John at 252.335.9355 or email@example.com.
It’s Your Health. It’s Your Life. Make That Change!