Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is counseling & education which focuses on using nutrition to help you achieve better health. We will conduct a thorough nutrition assessment and use evidenced-based guidelines to help you optimally manage your health. It can be provided face-to-face or, in some cases, through video conferencing or phone sessions.
Nutrition Pair, LLC specializes in providing adult MNT to assist with the following health conditions or interests:
- Pre-Diabetes/Diabetes Prevention
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Kidney Disease (Pre-Dialysis)
- Nutrition for Performance/Sports Nutrition
- General Health & Wellness
Why Choose Medical Nutrition Therapy with Nutrition Pair?
Angie & John are Registered Dietitians, Certified Diabetes Educators and North Carolina Licensed Dietitians/Nutritionists. Angie & John also personally understand the trials and triumphs that come with living with a chronic disease as John has had Type 1 Diabetes for over 20 years. Nutrition Pair is strongly committed to educating, motivating and demonstrating that everybody can live a healthier life through better nutrition. What we recommend are things that we have tried ourselves. We do not believe in pushing dietary supplements, promoting fad diets or other unproven methods. We feel that you can reach your health goals by becoming more informed. You don’t need “special” foods or mega-doses of vitamins. You simply need to eat better and get more active! Join us as we help you discover your path to wellness.
Format & Location: Medical Nutrition Therapy is conducted via an individual or a group format:
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy: Conveniently provided at your worksite, home or our arranged office.
- Group Medical Nutrition Therapy: Conveniently provided at your Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina worksite or other arranged location.
What Medical Nutrition Therapy Can Do For You:
Benefits to Individuals:
- Improved quality of life & reduce risk of future illness
- Enhanced energy level
- Potential reduction in the use of medications
- Achieve a better understanding of medical conditions
- Become better informed about how you control your health
- Assistance in monitoring and tracking progress
- Reduced health care costs (hospitalizations, medications & illness visits with physicians)
- Possible reduced health insurance premiums
Benefits to Employer Groups:
- Lowered medical costs
- Improved productivity
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Reduced disability claims
- Offer employees real incentives for healthier living
Payment/Insurance Coverage: We are Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina providers and accept either Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC insurance plans or self-payment for this service.
Contact us to schedule your individual or group MNT sessions.