This incredibly healthy, colorful and fresh Mediterranean Pasta Salad can be a side-dish, snack or an entree salad. It’s quick to throw-together and it does not last long at our house. The flavors and textures are so perfect together!
- 6 ounces textured pasta like penne or rotini (Gluten-Free if desired)
- 4 oz. roasted red peppers (from jar)
- 2 oz. sundried tomatoes (or 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups argula, spinach or baby kale (stems removed and sliced)
- 1 T green olives (sliced)
- 1 T black olives (sliced)
- 2 T crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- fresh parsley or basil (if desired)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 T fresh mint, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the al-dente directions on the box. Drain (do not rinse) and transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl, whisk together and immediately toss the pasta with the dressing.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss all ingredients until coated with dressing.
- Serve immediately or allow to thaw for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 420
- Total Fat: 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Potassium: 315 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 57 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.0 g
- Sugars: 2.2 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
Excellent source of Vit A, Folate & Thiamin
It’s Your Health. It’s Your Life. Make That Change!