This is the easiest casserole recipe ever! There’s no slicing or chopping required & clean up is minimal. Just toss the ingredients together into a casserole dish and toss it in the oven. This is really great for busy nights. You can mix the ingredients the night before and place the dish in the oven as soon as you get in the door from work! It’s also great for the night before Thanksgiving when you are trying to get everything cleaned up, packed (if you’re traveling) & together for the Holiday!
- 1-10 oz. can Reduced Sodium Cream of Chicken (such as Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 cup of water
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup long grain rice (we like Jasmine)
- 1-12.5 oz can chicken breast (drained); you may alternatively use sliced uncooked chicken breast
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets (chopped is best, if you can find it)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 X 13″ casserole dish with non-stick spray. Add the can of soup and water. Stir together until mixed well.
- Add the rice, chicken, broccoli and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover mixture w/foil and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese. Do not cover.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 Servings
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
Fat: 7 gm
- Saturated Fat: 4 gm
Sodium: 540 mg
Carbohydrate: 47 gm
- Fiber: 2.5 gm
Protein: 35 gm
It’s Your Health. It’s Your Life. Make that change! ™